How to Install Windows Defender?
To install Windows Defender on your computer, follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Go to the address bar of your preferred web browser and navigate to any search engine such as Google or Bing.
- Type the words’ Windows Defender’ in the address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the Windows Defender link from the appropriate manufacturer.
- Click on Download button for your Windows OS version.
- After the Windows Defender Setup is downloaded to your computer, double-click it.
- Choose the recommended settings option to complete Windows Driver installation.
How to Turn On Windows Defender?
You can follow the Install Windows Defender guidelines mentioned below to turn on Windows Defender.
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and open the Settings application.
- Navigate to the Update & Security option and click it. Locate the Windows Security tab on the left and click it.
- Click on the ‘Open Windows Defender’ option located on the right.
- Choose the Virus & threat protection option on the Windows Defender dashboard.
- Maximize the Windows Defender window by clicking the square on the top-right corner.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection settings option, and you will see many sliders on the next screen.
- Click on each of these sliders to enable the corresponding safety features. Click Yes on the User Account Control prompt after the activation of each feature.
- This completes the procedure for turning Windows Defender on.
How to Enable Total Protection In Windows Defender?
Follow these guidelines to enable total protection in Windows Defender.
- Launch Windows Defender on your computer. To do this, go to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Look for Windows Security and click on it.
- Navigate to the Virus & threat protection option. Click on it.
- The Manage settings button is located under the Virus & threat protection option. Click on it.
- Turn on the Real-time protection feature by clicking on the slider beside it. This completes the Windows Defender Setup procedure to enable protection in Windows Defender.
Steps to enable Real-Time Protection
- Enable the Real Time Protection feature in the Windows Defender Security Center tool: The Windows Defender Security Center must be launched on your personal computer.
- Select the Virus & Threat Protection option and choose the Manage Settings link that is available under the Virus & Threat Protection Settings tab.
- Now, turn on the Real Time Protection option and when instructed by UAC, tap the Yes button.
- If needed, exit the Windows Defender Security Center app.
Virus & threat Protection Settings
- To access the software quickly on your Windows personal computer, create a Windows Defender Security Center shortcut.
- After launching the Windows Defender Security software, choose the three horizontal lines present on the top-left screen.
- All the Install Windows Defender sections that are available in the app will get displayed on the screen.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option and all the details about the scan processes will be available in the right pane of the window.
- Select the Virus and threat protection settings and toggle the slider towards the right or left for enabling or disabling the feature.
Are you looking for Windows Defender tech services? Antivirus Technical Support representatives are just a click away.